3rd Annual Kenneth ?Mickey? Thompson Super Sevens Memorial Tournament
The tournament will be held at the Southampton Rangers Sports Club Field on May 5th and May 6th 2007 at 9 am sharp.
The five existing WCCA members will participate: Pembroke Hamilton Club, Southampton Rangers Club,
Somerset Cricket Club, Devonshire Recreation Club and Leg Trappers have been invited to feature in the competition for a total of 8 teams.
Rules of the Tournament 2007
1. The competition shall be played according to the Bermuda Cricket Board Bye Laws, Regulations and Laws of the Game and standard set of variations appropriate to the seven-a-side game.
2. The additional adjustments will be made: the boundaries will be adjusted and the bowlers run up shall be within 15 yards.
3. Each squad will consist of a maximum of nine players. The names of the players for the tournament must be registered with the member club and invited clubs.
4. The registration fee will be $150.00 per squad.
5. 7 players will play an entire game consisting of 12 overs. Each player except the wicket keeper will bowl 1 over.
6. The eight teams will be drawn at 8:30 am on the game day into 2 pools as follows:
7. Play shall commence with the teams in each pool playing against each other and points will be awarded
8. 1st Round Schedule ? May 5th 2007
A1 plays A2 (1st inning) 9:00 am ? 9:30 am
B1 plays B2 (1st inning) 9:30 am ? 10:00 am
A1 plays A2 (2nd inning) 10:00 am - 10:30 am
B1 plays B2 (2nd inning) 10:30 am ? 11:00 am
A3 plays A4 (1st inning) 11:00 am ? 11:30 am
B3 plays B4 (1st inning) 11:30 am ? 12:00 pm
A3 plays A4 (2nd inning) 12:00 pm ? 12:30 pm
B3 plays B4 (2nd inning) 12:30 pm ? 1:00 pm
A1 plays A3 (1st inning) 1:00 pm ? 1:30 pm
B1 plays B3 (1st inning) 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm
A1 plays A3 (2nd inning) 2:00 pm ? 2:30 pm
B1 plays B3 (2nd inning) 2:30 pm ? 3:00 pm
A2 plays A4 (1st inning) 3:00 pm ? 3:30 pm
B2 plays B 4 (1st inning) 3:30 pm ? 4:00 pm
A2 plays A4 (2nd inning) 4:00 pm ? 4:30 pm
B2 plays B4 (2nd inning) 4:30 pm ? 5:00 pm
A2 plays A3 (1st inning) 500 pm ? 5:30 pm
B3 plays B2 (1st inning) 5:30 pm ? 6:00pm
A2 plays A3 (2nd inning) 6:00 pm ? 6:30 pm
B3 plays B2 (2nd inning) 6:30 pm ? 7:00 pm
1st Round Continuation ? May 6th 2007
A1 plays A4 (1st inning) 9:30 am ? 10:00 am
B1 plays B4 (1st inning) 10: 00 am ? 10:30 am
A1 plays A4 (2nd inning) 10:30 am ? 11:00 am
B1 plays B4 (2nd inning) 11:00 am ? 11:30 pm
The four teams, two per pool (2/A pool & 2/B pool), with the highest points will move onto round two.
9. If at the end of Round 1 teams have an equal number of points under Rule 7 based on 3 draws, then progression in the Tournament will be decided by taking into account:
10. 2nd Round- The top four teams will be ranked by points received in the first round. A1 highest points, A2 second in A pool. B1 highest points, B2 second in B pool.
A1 plays B2 12:00 pm ? 12:30 pm (1st inning)
B1 plays A2 12:30 pm ? 1:00 pm (1st inning)
A1 plays B2 1:00 pm ? 1:30 pm (2nd inning)
B1 plays A2 1:30 pm ? 2 pm (2nd inning)
11. 3rd place play off 2:00 pm ? 3:00 pm
12. Final - Winners of round 2 games play in the final. 3:30 pm ? 5 pm
5:30 pm Prize Presentation
Most Runs Cup & $100.00
Most Wickets Cup & $ 100.00
Teams, Players & Substitution
1. All players must wear the club colors.
2. The balls will be white.
3. During The Tournament, the names of the seven players in each team who initially take the field, along with the names of the two reserves, must be handed to the Officials in charge at the Registration Desk ten (10) minutes prior to the start of each game.
4. Replacement for an injury to a player is permitted. A player who has been replaced through injury may not resume play in the same match. No replacement or substitution may be made except with the permission of an umpire, and only during a stoppage in play.
5. In the event that, due to injuries, a team is unable to field a full complement of players from its own squad of nine registered players, the team may approach another team playing in the competition for assistance in providing up to two substitute players.
6. Such substitute players must then be registered with the Organizing Committee of The Tournament and thereafter they shall not be permitted to represent any other team during the remaining rounds, at any level of The Tournament.
1. The first game will commence on Saturday May 5th 2007 at 9 am .
2. Team Captains shall be responsible for getting their teams to the field of play by the scheduled game time. A five-minute grace period for late arrivals will be permitted.
3. Lunch will be provided to squads during 1st round games in shifts when teams are not playing. There will be no stoppage of games to serve lunch.
4. Afternoon tea will be served. The organizing committee will confirm the tea time. A maximum of 15 minutes will be provided for tea.